Telephone consultations are now being offered for routine appointments. Each day a small number of appointments will be available for telephone consultations.
This means that the DOCTOR will phone you back at the appointment time (please make sure we have the correct telephone number)
The receptionist may ask you when making an appointment: “Is this something that the doctor could deal with over the phone, or do you need to see the doctor face-to-face?”
When would I use this service?
- You may find this convenient if you do not think an examination will be required
- To discuss test results or a medication
- Some types of follow up appointments
- If you ask for the doctor to ‘phone you at work, please ensure that you have access to a landline where you can speak in confidence
- Where possible, a landline number should be given.
The practice is introducing telephone appointments for the convenience of patients. But, the choice is yours and you can still make an ordinary appointment if this service is not suitable.